ABOUT WAAVPHomepageAwardsConferencesHistoryNewslettersExecutive CommitteePast PresidentsWAAVP ConstitutionSponsorshipAffiliated OrganisationsContact Us
The WAAVP African Foundation will provide a limited number of partial scholarships for airfare to assist veterinary parasitologists from Africa to attend the 27th WAAVP Conference (WAAVP 2019) to be held in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, 7–11 July 2019.
Applications should include:
• A copy of the abstract(s) for paper(s) or poster(s) which were submitted to the 27th WAAVP Conference Convenor;
• A letter of recommendation from a current supervisor;
• An indication of how other costs (beyond a WAAVP AF grant) will be met (i.e., possibility of obtaining supplemental funds elsewhere);
• Other envisaged contributions to the conference (i.e., workshop participant, chairperson of session, etc.); and
• A brief indication of how the applicant sees attendance contributing to his/her development in veterinary parasitology.
Submit applications to:
Dr. Rosina (Tammi) C. Krecek
Global One Health, Office of the Dean
Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
College Station, TX 77843 USA
DEADLINE: 7th January 2018
The Louisiana State University Faculty of Parasitology has established a WAAVP travel award fund. This fund will supply five stipends of $1000 US to be spent for travel to the meetings of the WAAVP. The awards will be made on a competitive basis to graduate students and Postdoctoral Fellows. Stipends will be awarded on the status of the applicant’s career in veterinary parasitology and the impact and potential quality of the work to be presented. Applicants from all countries are encouraged to apply, however, efforts will be made to diversify the awards internationally.
Application Materials required:
1. The applicant should supply a brief letter describing the benefits of the award to his or her career at this time.
2. A current Curriculum Vitae.
3. The abstract to be presented at the WAAVP 2017 Congress.
4. A letter of support from the applicant’s mentor.
Professor James E. Miller
Department of Pathobiological Sciences
School of Veterinary Medicine
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge LA 70803-8416
DEADLINE: 31st March 2017